Spread the joy of a sparkling smile this holiday season. Stuff the stockings with dental care essentials. Explore our dental care gift ideas and 3 tips for achieving a dazzling holiday smile.
Give the Gift of Healthy Teeth and Gums
From travel-size dental products to teeth-cleaning tools, these practical gifts are great for dazzling smiles.
- Travel Size Dental Care Products: Portable breath strips, disposable flossers, whitening strips, toothbrushes, and fluoride toothpaste make great gifts for fresh breath and clean smiles when traveling or on the go.
- Dentist-Approved Chewing Gum: Stuff stockings with sugar-free dentist-approved chewing gum. Saliva flow improves when chewing gum, reducing plaque acids in the mouth. Check for the ADA Seal of Acceptance on sugar-free chewing gum to ensure it’s safe and effective for oral health.
- Digital Dental Cleaning Devices: Achieve a dazzling clean when brushing and rinsing teeth. Programming features and embedded two-minute timers on water flossers and electric toothbrushes guide your dental cleaning routine.
Keep smiles merry and bright by stuffing stockings with gifts for healthy teeth and gums.
3 Tips for Maintaining Oral Health During the Holidays
Sweet indulgences, hectic schedules, travel, and late nights during the holiday season can affect a daily oral hygiene routine. Poor oral hygiene can lead to plaque buildup, gingivitis, gum disease, and tooth loss. Make time to prioritize your oral health. Practice good oral hygiene, brush regularly, and take care of your dental health by following these 3 tips.
1. Improve Everyday Oral Hygiene
Mouth bacteria interact with sugars and starches from food, forming plaque on teeth and gums. This plaque can lead to gum inflammation known as gingivitis. When left untreated, gingivitis can progress to severe gum disease. Periodontal diseases can result in tooth loss and serious damage to the gums, jawbones, and gum tissue.
Good dental hygiene can help prevent gum disease. Prioritize everyday oral hygiene practices. Brush your teeth twice a day, rinse frequently with water after meals, and floss daily to improve oral health. An antiseptic mouthwash with active ingredients specifically designed to fight and prevent gingivitis can provide added protection.
2. Clean Dentures and Dental Implants
Daily care is just as important for individuals wearing dentures or those with dental implants. Proper care of dentures and dental implants helps maintain the look and feel of natural teeth. Ask your dentist for recommendations on denture cleaning products and toothpaste suitable for dental implants. Regular visits to your dentist for cleanings and check-ups are essential to monitor the health of your teeth, gums, and jaw bones.
3. Snack on Smile Friendly Treats
Delicious treats and sugary indulgences during the holiday season can threaten our dental health. With some smart choices and proper oral care, you can enjoy the festive delights while keeping your smile healthy and bright.
- Munch on crunchy almonds and raw vegetables: Eating crunchy nuts like almonds and raw vegetables can cleanse your teeth while reducing plaque build-up.
- Feast on Fish: Add tuna, mackerel, salmon, and trout to your feast of the 7 fishes menu. Fish is high in both vitamin D and Omega-3s. These healthy fats and calcium-rich nutrients can reduce common symptoms of gum disease and strengthen tooth enamel.
- Choose Non-Sticky Treats: Skip candy canes and hard tack candies. Opt for an advent calendar with melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate. Rich in polyphenols, dark chocolate and cacao beans are a top source of dietary magnesium, antioxidants, iron, and fiber. Even better, cacao and dark chocolate have minimal to no sugar, letting you enjoy a treat while strengthening your teeth.
- Chow on the Cheese Tray: Choose a savory alternative to sweets and protect teeth from sugar-induced erosion. Cheese promotes saliva production and contains calcium to strengthen tooth enamel.
Looking for more smile-friendly treats to enjoy over the holiday season? Check out 6 foods to eat for healthy teeth and gums.
Prioritize Dental Health in the New Year
Prioritize dental health and spread the joy of a dazzling smile. By stuffing stockings with dental care essentials, such as travel-size dental products and dentist-approved chewing gum, you can give the gift of healthy teeth and gums. Add smile-friendly treats to help maintain oral health. Keep smiles merry and bright throughout the holiday season and beyond. Practice good oral hygiene and regular dental care.
Schedule regular check-ups with your dentist for a healthier smile. Contact Three Rivers Dental Group by calling 1-855-NO FEARS or request an appointment online. Explore our dental solutions including dentures, fillings, crowns, root canal therapy, and dental implants. Our dental offices are conveniently located throughout the Pittsburgh area in Cranberry, Greentree, Greensburg, and Jennerstown.