Pain Relief Tips
"Always had a good experience with excellent dentists. Always get treated like a good friend. Fear not - you will enjoy your dental visit."
Robert S., Pittsburgh, PA
To alleviate tooth pain and toothaches, follow these pain relief tips: *
• Gently floss in between the sore tooth to remove any food debris or particles that may be lodged there.
• Gently rinse your mouth out with warm saltwater.
• Purchase an over-the-counter pain reliever such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen (do not give children under the age of 2 ibuprofen) and take according to directions on the package.
• Apply oil of cloves or an over-the-counter benzocaine product directly onto the gums or tooth. Both of these act as a numbing agent to temporarily relieve pain. (Never place anything else such as aspirin or other pain relievers near the tooth as they can cause the gum tissue to burn.)
• A cold compress can be applied to the facial area if trauma has occurred to reduce pain and swelling.
* If you have suffered a traumatic injury, experience bleeding or any head/facial injury, go directly to the emergency room.
Please keep in mind these tips are not substitutes for professional care.
We are committed to treating and managing your pain and returning you to great dental health. With Three Rivers Dental, you’ll get Hometown Quality Care quickly.